Once in a Lifetime Trip: Grand Experience Mackinac Island Trip
presented by mParks
October 14-16, 2018
Travelers age 50+ are invited to enjoy the best of Mackinac Island at a greatly reduced, all-inclusive rate! Registration includes accommodation at the luxurious Grand Hotel, five-course meals, carriage tour around the historical island, exciting programming and events, discounts at Mackinac shops and much more. Trips will take place in the Fall of 2018. Book your trip with Canton Club 55+ staff by Friday, May 25, 2018. For more information, please call 734/394-5485 or stop by the Club 55+ desk.
Grand Experience Rates
Single Room: $730
- Denotes the price of a room not shared
Double Room: $530
- Denotes the price per person when two individuals are sharing one room, one King or two double beds.
Triple Room: $475 per person
- Denotes the price per person when three individuals are sharing a room; two double beds with option for a roll-away bed at no extra charge.
*Transportation to and from Mackinac City is not provided.
*Participants can pay in full or pay a deposit of $425 per room and then the remaining balance by August 17, 2018.
*Last day for trip deposit: May 25, 2018. Limited space available.
The Trip Includes:
- Accommodations at the beautiful Grand Hotel for 2 nights (this includes baggage handling, taxes and gratuities)
- Round trip horse drawn taxi to and from Grand Hotel from the ferry docks for arrival and departure.
- Found trip ferry boat service on the Star Line
- Full breakfast each morning (2)
- Elegant five course dinner each evening (2)
- Horse drawn carriage tour (tip not included)
- Champagne reception
- Evening entertainment and movies
- Grand Hotel kitchen tour
- History lecture with Grand Hotel Historian
- Night dancing with the Grand Hotel Orchestra
- Nightly demitasse
- Planned tournaments; bocce and golf putting and chipping
- Games and activities
- Self-guided walks
- Tea and cookies each afternoon
- Writing contest
- special prices on bicycle rental, photos, golf and fudge
For more information, please call 734/394-5485 or stop by the Club 55+ desk.
DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) Trips
The DIA's Come Wonder Around program is exclusively for those 55+ and includes transportation to and from the museum, general admission and a private reception with light refreshments. The DIA offers a mixture of different experiences: Make and Take Workshops, tours & Art Talks. Please see below for Club 55+'s upcoming events. Participants can register online or through Club 55+.
|Cost||Deadline to Register|
|Tour: Highlights of the Permanent Collection||April 5||$5.00||Mach 21|
Club 55+ offers registration to a variety of trips throughout the year through our local travel agencies. Trips can range from day trips to overnight stays, within Michigan as well as venturing out of state. We offer casino trips, tours, plays and much more. Individuals can register online or though Club 55+. Limited space available.
|Caesars Windsor||March 20||BOGO Free|
|Grand Rapids Day Trip||April 12||$104.00|
|Four Winds Casino||April 23-24||$134.00|
|Spring Mystery Tour||April 26||$90.00|
|Tulip Time Festival||May 8-9||$184.00|
|Holland Tulip Festival||May 12||$100.00|
|Gilmore Car Museum||May 14||$94.00|
|Flower Day at Eastern Market||May 20||$65.00|
|Greektown Casino||May 22||$25.00|
|Jackson State Prison||May 23||$94.00|
|Niagara Falls||May 27-28||$174.00|
|Detroit Fireworks||June 25||$119.00|
|Mt.Clemons Riverboat Cruise||July 17||$89.00|
|Jackson Hot Air Jubilee||July 21||$64.00|
|The Best of Detroit||September 26||$94.00|
|Murder Mystery Dinner Train||October 18||104.00|
Canton Club 55+ offers extended trips to regional, national and international locations. These guide lead trips are a great opportunity to experience the best of famous locations. Check back soon for the current trip offerings.
Registration: For all extended trips, please contact the Club 55+ front desk for instructions on booking your trip 734/394-5485.
Current Offerings: For the current list of extended trips offered by the Canton Club 55+, please visit the Summit on the Park.